Sunday, October 4, 2009

Anniversary

Today is my wedding anniversary.  It was a georgeous day twelve years ago, bright clear sky, crisp air, lots of fun celebrating with family and friends.  I am looking forward to getting out for a quiet dinner with just Ray, as we rarely get to do that these days.  Life is busy.  I am not sure I realized how busy things could be with three kids.  And Colleen is in a very busy stage of life.  Even though she is three years old, it feels like I have had a 18 month old for months and months. 

I wonder what I used to do with my free time, it seems such a long time ago when the only person I answered to was myself. I wouldn't go back and make any changes.  I was excited to get married. Still happy to be married, most days.  I really wanted to have kids.  I always pictured myself with three kids and a dog.  And here I am.  But, boy is it busy!

.I know Ray and I need to make time for ourselves, for our relationship, people keep saying that.  But it is hard to make happen.  Perhaps I need to demand it more, to set up the babysitting, to make the plans, so we can spend time as a couple, working on this thing called marriage, because our marriage really depends on it.  And our kids need us to do this!

Twelve years married, three kids, three dogs (one dog living), and hopefully many more years to go.  But three kids is all I am in for!

No comments:

Post a Comment