Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Chapman Boys

It is late.  I need to head to bed.  I was thinking about what to write about today, and I thought back to a surprise visit by two of Colleen's cousins today, Cory and Kevin, both college students at Towson.  They had stopped by to pick something up, and Cory went to say Hi to Colleen who was watching a TV show with Claire.  Within a minute she had made her way to the front of the house and the next thing I knew she was in Kevin's arms giving Kevin a huge hug.  Massive hug.  Hug that goes right to your core.  These are the hugs that sustain me during a trying day.  Cory got the same hug, too.
 
This girl loves these boys, and the feeling is mutual.  Colleen has a way to bring out the best in people, and from the time she was little she has connected with the Chapman boys, Brian, Kevin and Cory.  They engage her, play with her, give her affectionate hugs, and talk with her just like any other child.  These boys have also been great with Claire and James, but they have really bonded with Colleen.  I hope it lasts as she gets older and loses some of the baby sweetness. I am sure we will all adapt, but I imagine Colleen will always be able to charm their socks off.  At least I hope so.  Kudos to Diane for raising such great guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment